Press and Awards
Public Recognition of Our Quest for Excellence
For us at the Camden Maine Stay Inn, the best form of feedback on our performance are the impromptu, in-person reviews we get from our guests on a daily basis when we are talking in the kitchen or elsewhere in the Inn. While we genuinely appreciate the kind words, we also are on the lookout for learning opportunities that will help us improve our guests’ vacation experiences. We view excellence as a process of continuous improvement – there are, and always will be, ways for us to get better. It is up to us to recognize this fact and to strive to achieve that elusive goal.
It is gratifying when our concerted efforts to achieve excellence are recognized by other participants in the tourism industry. Some of the more recent instances of this recognition are highlighted below:
- Eat This, Not That! (2022) – We were named the #1 bed-and-breakfast inn in Maine by Eat This, Not That!, a leading health and wellness brand with the world’s #1 nutrition website.
- Tripadvisor (2022, 2021 and 2020) – We received the Travelers’ Choice award recognizing our Inn as being in the top 10% of all hotels worldwide based on traveler reviews, ratings and saves.
- Booking.com (2022 and 2021) – We have achieved a rating of 9.9 (out of a perfect score of 10) and are described as “Exceptional” by Booking.com, a leading global online travel agency.
- HotelsCombined (2022) – We received the Recognition of Excellence award for having consistently produced a high (9.9 out of 10) satisfaction rating among guests and travel industry experts.
- Travelmyth (2021) – We were named one of the top 3 small hotels and inns in Maine.
- Trips to Discover (2019) – We were rated #2 among the 9 best historic inns in New England.
- Yankee Magazine (2018) – We were named one of the 5 best inns in New England for spring.
On a more personal level, in 2020 we received a card from two of our kind neighbors in Camden in which they wrote:
A note to let you know that your beautiful garden is the highlight of High Street. Walking past the garden fills our senses and soothes our souls. It is obvious that a tremendous amount of planning and hard work goes into this garden on a daily basis. Thank you.
We are truly humbled whenever we are recognized for our performance, whether it be by our fabulous guests, our esteemed colleagues in the tourism industry, or even our wonderful neighbors. Each instance of recognition inspires us to try even harder to provide our guests with the most enjoyable, fulfilling and memorable vacation experiences.